for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
- If they don’t recognize they have a sin problem, they won’t see their need for a Savior
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- A wage is something we earn
- We’ve sinned against a holy God
- Our punishment is death
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- God sent Jesus to earth.
- Jesus never sinned, He was perfect.
- Jesus offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for guilty sinners.
- He paid the penalty for our sins, so we don’t have to.
- He died on the cross and rose again!
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.
- There is nothing we can do to earn our salvation. It is only through what Jesus did for us on the cross.
- Saved by grace through faith in Jesus.
- Will we choose to pay for our sins or let Jesus take our punishment on Himself?
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
- What does “Lord” mean? someone or something having power, authority, or influence; a master or ruler.
- What would it look like if Jesus was the master or ruler of your life?
Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.
- Jesus doesn’t want us to keep on sinning.
- Repent – turn from your old ways and turn to God’s ways
Ask if you can contact them tomorrow or the next day.
Exchange contact info and follow-up with them
Give them a bible if they need one